Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trash the Dress with Courtney


Last weekend I had the pleasure of working with one of my very favorite models, Courtney and her handsome husband Jay. I somehow (with very little effort on my part) coerced her into participating in a Trash the Dress shoot. I have always wanted to shoot one of these sessions and told anyone who would listen all about it. As I rambled on endlessly I noticed I was getting one of two responses; "What the He** is a Trash the Dress Session??" which was inevitably followed up with "Why would ANYONE want to ruin a perfectly good wedding dress??"

To those that do not know, Trash the Dress is when you [sometimes] squeeze back in to your beloved dress of white and roll around on the ground, swim or even sit in mud puddles in very liberating fun and or sexy poses. It's a fantastic experience for both parties.

 The hardest part of the entire shoot was trying to figure out what on earth to do with said trashed dress when the shoot was over. Our answer: men's bathroom trash can at First Landing State Park. Afterwards we joked about the fact the next hiker that came in to use the facilities might call the police. For all he knew there was a naked bride running around the park fearing for her life after finding a muddy beat up wedding gown in the trash can. I watched the news over the next few days and alas...nothing...maybe that's not an out of the ordinary find in a men's public restroom.








No comments:

Post a Comment